You now have the option of using RouterSim graphical devices or the traditional Cisco® graphical devices. You can create networks from scratch using either type of devices, however, you cannot mix them. The program will display all RouterSim devices or all Cisco® graphical devices. You can load existing network layouts and easily change their appearance.
Network Layout: Load CiscoIOS Layout.rsm before going through the following lab.
1. On the Network Visualizer screen, click on the File menu and then click Open.
2. When the dialog box appears, make sure you are in the Networks folder.
3. Click on the file CiscoIOS Layout.rsm and click OK. You should see the following non-configured network:
By default you will see Routersim devices on any network layout.
1. On the Network Visualizer menu click View and then select Cisco Devices from the drop down menu.
The network shown at the top of lab quickly changes and Cisco® devices are displayed. If you display the device list, it will now display Cisco® devices.
2. You can change back and display RouterSim devices. On the Network Visualizer menu click View and then select RouterSim Devices from the drop down menu.